Re: the reason for my fetish

by Longpageboy

That may have been the occasion that brought your fetish to life. But it probably wasn´t the real reason.

If you hadn´t had a genetic disposition for your fetish right from the start, nothing would have come of the experience.

I love making music, and I perform in public, too. If I hadn´t had some musical disposition in my genes, nothing would have come of the piano lessons my parents made me take when I was a child. There were lots of my peers who got the same or even better lessons, and who were more motivated and practised harder than I did (I was quite lazy, in fact)- but except for the few ones who became music pros and made their living in music (which I haven´t), I am among the few who still play today, I haven´t unlearned anything, and I don´t have to tell muyself, "I should play the piano again one day. I have to get out my sheet music again and practise." These people usually end up frustrated because trying to relearn this way is mostly an uphill struggle.

Unlike them, I have kept playing, rarely from sheet music, with dozens of pieces memorized and available anytime that I can perform, and if I don´t remember them exactly note by note, I can still come up with some improvisation to make things sound very close to the real thing. I don´t actually have to practise, only if there is an important public performance ahead; otherwise I just play, which is like a physical urge, and stay in shape.

The only explanation for me is that there is some inherited sense for musical structures in me that helps me understand and memorize them quite effortlessly.

The same with my long-hair fetish, basically. I have no idea where it comes from. But I clearly remember being thrilled by any encounter with long, beautiful hair from my earliest childhood on. I didn´t even know that that was some kind of sexual arousal. And the strange thing is that nobody around me (family, friends, neighbours) had or even liked long hair when I was growing up.