Ways to get people to let you play with their hair

by yolodahoboda

Touching hair. It's something we all want to do, but rarely get to do, and even with a close friend it can be awkward to ask.

So, let's hear what you guys' strategies are! Hopefully we can learn from each other and ultimately get to fulfill our fantasies without harming/creeping others out.

Here's what I've personally found to work:

Especially if you're already on the subject of hair, compliment theirs and say something casual like "tbh I'm so jealous of your hair" and then you've warmed them up to asking.

It definitely helps to be close to the person you're asking - it'll still be awkward, but if you're at least on hugging terms it has a much better chance of going well.

Don't over-explain why you want to play with their hair, unless they're really grilling you about it. "Could I play with your hair?" comes off as waaay less creepy than "Would you mind if I played with your hair? Like not to be weird or anything, your hair just looks really nice and I was hoping I could touch it but I swear I don't mean it in like a sexual way or anything." Just be confident and to the point.